List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:June 18 1999 12:20am
Subject:Re: Windows 2000 Beta 3 - Any Problems?
View as plain text
Fred Lindberg wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:18:18 +0000, Sasha Pachev wrote:
>
> >I agree with Ritchie. Windows was written to sell to the masses and the
> >masses do not run servers. So the entire design was client first and
> >server as an add-on. What does that mean? A client has to be easy to use
> >for someone with not lot of skill, and if it crashes, so what - reboot,
> >run scandisk and go on. With this development model all the effort will
>
> I've been dying to ask this question:
>
> After you install MySQL for Win32, do you have to reboot for the new
> settings to take effect?
>
> -Sincerely, Fred
Actually, Fred, what's nice about the new Windoze is that you don't have
to reboot for the install.  But, I've heard you need to reboot for
inserts into the dbase.  >:)
(let the tomatoes fly)
Van
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com
Windows 2000 Beta 3 - Any Problems?Charles Montante17 Jun
  • Re: Windows 2000 Beta 3 - Any Problems?Ritschie17 Jun
    • Re: Windows 2000 Beta 3 - Any Problems?Sasha Pachev17 Jun
RE: Windows 2000 Beta 3 - Any Problems?thomasj17 Jun
Re: Windows 2000 Beta 3 - Any Problems?Fred Lindberg17 Jun
  • Re: Windows 2000 Beta 3 - Any Problems?Van18 Jun
  • Re: Windows 2000 Beta 3 - Any Problems?Michael Widenius25 Jun