List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Johnson Date:June 17 1999 11:47pm
Subject:dual db instances : are they safe on FreeBSD?
View as plain text

Hello everyone,

So we are experimenting with running two database instances on the same file
system (tables) on FreeBSD.  It seems to work fine, but we wonder if bad
things are liable to happen in the long run that we don't see right off the
bat.

Also, we are wondering what happens when one instance calls "flush tables".
Does that effect the tables in memory in the other instance in any way?
Would this work to ensure the tables were completely flushed or do you have
to call "flush tables" on both instances?

DJ

Thread
dual db instances : are they safe on FreeBSD?David Johnson18 Jun
  • dual db instances : are they safe on FreeBSD?Michael Widenius28 Jun