List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 17 1999 10:58am
Subject:Re: Newbie: Access Denied trouble
View as plain text
> Here's the cut-and-paste of my terminal:
>
> [root@iaria bree]# killall mysqld
> mysqld: no process killed

This means that mysqld was not running - that's what we want anyway

> [root@iaria bree]# /usr/bin/safe_mysqld --skip-grant
> Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
>
> [root@iaria bree]# mysql
> mysql
> ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password:
> NO)

This is very strange. Looks like your safe_mysqld ignored --skip-grant.
Lets do this: repeat everything again and post the contents of
'hostname`.err found in the mysql data directory ( probably
/usr/local/var )

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleSasha Pachev15 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleedb15 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleSasha Pachev15 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleedb16 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleNazar16 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleedb16 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleRommel Vicente Torres T.16 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleSasha Pachev16 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleedb17 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleSasha Pachev17 Jun