List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:June 16 1999 10:33am
Subject:Re: Packet too large (74897)
View as plain text
Sasha Pachev wrote:

> Boaz Yahav wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I keep getting "Packet too large (74897)". I read that it has to do with the
> > mysql default. I saw this example :
> >
> >         -O max_allowed_packet 4294967295
> >
> > What does this mean? do i need to recompile mysql with this ?
> >
> > berber
> >

> No, you just need to start mysqld with -O max_allowed_packet 4294967295.
>
> --
> Sasha Pachev

Hi Boaz

This means, that you can send any data up to 4294967295 Bytes long to the mysql server
started with the above option.

If you use this option on the client side, you can receive that much Bytes from a mysql
server.

With data I mean the amount of data one column consists of.

You only need to increase this, if you use some sort of TEXT or BLOB in your tables, which
exceeds 1MByte.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Packet too large (74897)Boaz Yahav14 Jun
  • Re: Packet too large (74897)Sasha Pachev14 Jun
  • Re: Packet too large (74897)Christian Mack16 Jun