List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Moseman Date:March 18 1999 10:51pm
Subject:fastCPU vs moreRAM
View as plain text
A partner and myself are going to be building a box to start our web dev
and hosting side business.  We're going to be running Linux with Apache
and MySQL (with Perl as the interface).  Should be pretty low load at
first, but we want to let the machine be as expandable as possible.

My question is for the intial build, should we focus more on faster CPU's
or on more RAM?  I'm curious as to which would be a better performer.  I
know it's good to have plenty of both *grin* but we (of course) have a
limited budget initially and would like to know which route is better to
start up with.

Thanks for any advice,

--
Scott Moseman       Got Linux?
scottm@stripped    scotech.com

Thread
fastCPU vs moreRAMScott Moseman18 Mar
  • Re: fastCPU vs moreRAMWade Maxfield18 Mar
  • Re: fastCPU vs moreRAMSasha Pachev19 Mar
  • Re: fastCPU vs moreRAMHironori Sato19 Mar
Re: fastCPU vs moreRAMDerick H Siddoway19 Mar
Re: fastCPU vs moreRAMDerick H Siddoway19 Mar
Re: fastCPU vs moreRAMKarl Pielorz19 Mar
Re: fastCPU vs moreRAMWade Maxfield19 Mar
  • Re: fastCPU vs moreRAMAdrian Phillips19 Mar