List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:June 15 1999 8:49pm
Subject:Re: how to SELECT from table excluding certain columns
View as plain text

TG> The trouble is that I'm writing generic functions (in PHP) that
TG> will operate on tables without knowing the names of the exact
TG> columns present or the number of columns present (outside of
TG> certain default columns, like ID, for example, which will be
TG> present in all the tables).  In one case I'd like a

Then the only right thing to do is ask the database what the columns
are for that table, and pick the ones you want.  Then generate the SQL
command based on those column names.

Internet: khera@stripped       Rockville, MD       +1-301-545-6996
PGP & MIME spoken here            http://www.kciLink.com/home/khera/
Thread
how to SELECT from table excluding certain columnsTroy Grady15 Jun
  • Re: how to SELECT from table excluding certain columnsPaul DuBois18 Jun
  • Re: how to SELECT from table excluding certain columnsFred Read19 Jun
RE: how to SELECT from table excluding certain columnsMichael L Smith16 Jun
Re: how to SELECT from table excluding certain columnsTroy Grady16 Jun
  • Re: how to SELECT from table excluding certain columnsVivek Khera16 Jun
Re: how to SELECT from table excluding certain columnsFred Read19 Jun