List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:June 15 1999 7:29pm
Subject:Re: how to make deletes not block inserts into same table?
View as plain text

>> Anyhow, what can I do to make the delete either 1) go faster (a select
>> on the same data takes only about 2 minutes) or 2) not block the
>> inserts?

MRG> A couple of years ago, Monty added a feature where LIMIT will
MRG> work with DELETE.  This allows you to make a loop of many small
MRG> deletes, which will keep your selects from being blocked too
MRG> long.

Excellent!  I'll give that a whirl once my recovery is completed.

Thanks!
Thread
how to make deletes not block inserts into same table?Vivek Khera15 Jun
  • Re: how to make deletes not block inserts into same table?Sasha Pachev15 Jun
  • Re: how to make deletes not block inserts into same table?Michael R. Gile15 Jun
    • Re: how to make deletes not block inserts into same table?Vivek Khera15 Jun
      • Re: how to make deletes not block inserts into same table?Michael Widenius25 Jun