List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alistair MacDonald Date:March 18 1999 10:35pm
Subject:Re: install / compile errors
View as plain text

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Dan wrote:

> Thanks in advance for any help.
> I am running Solaris7 on a Ultra5.
>
> My first problem occurs when I run the
> configure
> script in mysql-3.22.20a
> I get this error:
> checking for restartable system calls... configure: error: can not run
> test program while cross compiling
> What does it mean and what do I do about it?

I've found this means your C++ (ie g++) installation is broken ...

> I have successfully installed the binary
> mysql-3.22.19-sun-solaris2.6-sparc and everything runs as it should,
> except I can not compile any of my own programs.
>
> with the command
> /usr/local/bin/g++
> -I/usr/local/mysql-3.22.19-sun-solaris2.6-sparc/include
> -L/usr/local/mysql-3.22.19-sun-solaris2.6-sparc/lib myprogram.cc
> -lmysqlclient

... and Guess What. It looks like your g++ installation is broken.

I suggest that you spend a little time checking this (Mixing the c++
libraries that the binary version & your g++ uses could cause problems as
well)

Alistair

Thread
install / compile errorsDan18 Mar
  • Re: install / compile errorsAlistair MacDonald18 Mar
  • install / compile errorsMichael Widenius19 Mar