List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:October 5 2000 3:08am
Subject:Re: Moving to Oracle... Any advice?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Oct 04), Peter J. Schoenster said:
> I recently imported a lot of data into Oracle via brute force (insert
> for every line ... I had to use double single quotes '' as opposed to
> \' to get single quotes inserted). Also, I had to use the following
> set scan off;
> at the top of my brute force insertion so that & would not be
> regarded as a special character.  I go that from this page:

The way to load data in Oracle is via the sqlldr command; it can parse
just about any input format you care to throw at it (MySQL's LOAD DATA
INFILE command is loosely based off it).

	Dan Nelson
Moving to Oracle... Any advice?Hunter Hillegas4 Oct
  • Re: Moving to Oracle... Any advice?Peter J. Schoenster5 Oct
    • Re: Moving to Oracle... Any advice?Dan Nelson5 Oct
RE: Moving to Oracle... Any advice?John Foley4 Oct