List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 15 1999 8:46am
Subject:Re: Newbie: Access Denied trouble
View as plain text
> > > mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> > > error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)'
> > >
> > > Ciao for now,
> > >
> > > --EdB  <edb@stripped>
> > > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/3339/
> >
> > Did you run mysql_install_db ?
> Yes... and not just once!
>
> > Did you set the root password?
> >
> I tried.  This is another case in point where I get the error...
> mysqladmin -u root password 'newpassword'
>
> Ciao for now,
>
> --EdB  <edb@stripped>
> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/3339/

Let's do this:

killall mysqld

/path/to/safe_mysqld --skip-grant
mysql mysql

update user set password = password('BigSecret') where user = 'root';
exit

mysqladmin shutdown
/path/to/mysql.server start

Now you should be able to connect as root with the password of BigSecret

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleSasha Pachev15 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleedb15 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleSasha Pachev15 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleedb16 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleNazar16 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleedb16 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleRommel Vicente Torres T.16 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleSasha Pachev16 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleedb17 Jun
  • Re: Newbie: Access Denied troubleSasha Pachev17 Jun