List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay J Date:June 15 1999 9:14am
Subject:Re: Newbie: Access Denied trouble
View as plain text
Wow - I've "browsed" the manual in it's entirety, and read many portions --
by I can't sayz I read da whole thing.

http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html#Default_privileges
http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html#Access_denied

Explicitly connect?

[04:08:54 root@www mysql]# mysqladmin --help | grep host
  -h, --host=#          Connect to host.
  flush-hosts           Flush all cached hosts.

Again, like Sasha said:  Did you run mysql_install_db ? Did you set the root
password?

I've no comment on MIT-pthreads ..

-Jay J