List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:October 2 2000 1:25am
Subject:Re: fatal error during CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX ON ...
View as plain text
In the last episode (Oct 01), Colin Faber said:

> How-To-Repeat: create a full text index on a table larger then 10,000
> fields

10,000 rows, right? :)

I didn't have any problems creating a FULLTEXT index on a 2 million
record table (average field width is only 50 though).  It took 45
minutes, but eventually it finished...

> mysql> create fulltext index mlg on mailing_list_gen (message);
> ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
> Segmentation fault - core dumped
> mysql> 001001 14:15:05  mysqld restarted
>
> Any suggestions? I've already tried a few different versions, each
> with the same result, a core dump of mysqld Please note that this is
> _NOT_ a BDB table, this is a standard MyISAM table.

If you actually got a coredump, load it up with gdb (gdb
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld mysqld.core), and paste us the output of the
"thread apply all backtrace" command.  If the thread apply command
fails, try "backtrace" by itself.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped