List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 14 1999 4:51pm
Subject:Bug/feature in C API
View as plain text
Because of my stupidity, I wrote code that executed mysql_query(&dbh)
with dbh being uninitialized. Of course, the results of this are
undefined, however, they were quite interesting: instead of a segfault,
the process blocked consuming 99% of the CPU waiting for something to
happen. Although technically speaking, illegal behaviour can produce
only unpredictable results, so you cannot call this a bug, if some
thinks this may be exposing the actual bug in something, I will post
more info with mysqlbug.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)