List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:September 28 2000 3:17pm
Subject:Re: error 12 from table handler
View as plain text
In the last episode (Sep 28), Riccardo Pizzi said:
> Just installed 3.23.25beta and playing (as usual) with BDB tables on
> a Solaris 7 machine.
>
> First let me thank the team for fixing the BDB bugs I posted here
> lately; I just ran, however, in what seem yet anoter bug with BDB.
>
> I am trying to convert a table from MyISAM to BDB:
>
> mysql> alter table msg type=bdb;
> ERROR 1030: Got error 12 from table handler
>
> The server log reports: bdb:  Unable to allocate memory for transaction detail

I hate to say it, but "me too" :)  I've gotten the error ever since I
tried BDB tables (3.23.23?), but I assumed I had misconfigured libdb3
or something.  I'm running FreeBSD 5-current, mysql 3.23.25.

> This is the table structure:
>
> mysql> describe msg;
>
> +-------------+-------------+------+-----+---------------------+-------+---------------------------------+
> | Field       | Type        | Null | Key | Default             | Extra | Privileges
>
> +-------------+-------------+------+-----+---------------------+-------+---------------------------------+
> | to_id       | varchar(8)  |      | MUL |                     |       |
> select,insert,update,references |
> | to_profn    | tinyint(4)  |      |     | 0                   |       |
> select,insert,update,references |
> | thread_id   | varchar(16) |      | PRI |                     |       |
> select,insert,update,references |
> | seq         | smallint(6) |      | PRI | 0                   |       |
> select,insert,update,references |

I ran a couple tests, and it seems to print that error whenever you
have more than one index on the BDB table (which basically means that
you can only index your primary key).

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped