List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:June 14 1999 4:56pm
Subject:Re: error in manual section 10.17 re: MYISAM?
View as plain text
Troy Grady wrote:

> Folks-
>
> Very excited about MYISAM's support for indexing TEXT and BLOB columns!
> However a little confused as to when MYISAM will arrive.  Section 10.17 of
> the current online manual suggests that versions 3.22 and above store data
> in MYISAM format:
>
> "MYISAM MYISAM is the default table type in MySQL 3.22. It's based on the
> ISAM code and has a lot of useful extensions. The index is stored in a file
> with the .MYI extension and the data is stored in file with the .MYD
> extension. You can check/repair ISAM tables with the myisamchk utility. See
> section 13.4 Using isamchk for crash recovery"
>
> I'm using 3.22.22 now and my databases are all ISAM.  Is the manual
> mistaken?  If so, will it be possible to convert our ISAM databases to
> MYISAM when MYISAM support arrives?
>
> Regards,
>
> Troy Grady

Hi Troy

From the manual:
MySQL 3.23 supports tables of the new MYISAM type and the old NISAM type.

It is 3.23 that supports MYISAM not 3.22.
3.23 will come soon (1-2 weeks).

Tschau
Christian

Thread
error in manual section 10.17 re: MYISAM?Troy Grady13 Jun
  • Re: error in manual section 10.17 re: MYISAM?Christian Mack14 Jun
  • error in manual section 10.17 re: MYISAM?Michael Widenius25 Jun