List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 18 1999 8:09pm
Subject:mysql re: ö Ö
View as plain text
>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Schwarzl <schwarzl@stripped> writes:

Paul> Thank you!!
Paul> I´ll download this next week.
Paul> (I never saw better support like this! Not even commercial.)
Paul> Really great!

monty> Hi!
monty> I have now made MySQL win32 3.22.20 available.
monty> Could you please confirm that this works better ?
monty> Regards,
monty> Monty

Paul> No, it doesnt.   :-(

Paul> My problem again:
Paul> (I used MySQL Administrator and my own VB6-ODBC-API as clients. I dont think
Paul> that the client is the problem)

Paul> Two rows(Name=MyField type=varchar) in a Table (MyTable) contains
Paul> 1. ÖSTA
Paul> 2. östa

Paul> When I try on mysqld win32 3.22.20 (also 3.22.19) on Nt4.0 SP4 ger:

Paul> 1. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like 'Ö%'
Paul> Rsult: ÖSTA

Paul> 2. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like 'ö%'
Paul> Result: östa

Paul> 3. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like '%sta'
Paul> Result: ÖSTA; östa

Paul> 4. select 'Ö'='ö'
Paul> Result: 1

Paul> When I try on mysqld Linux 3.22.20 (also 3.22.19):

Paul> 1. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like 'Ö%'
Paul> Rsult: ÖSTA; östa

Paul> 2. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like 'ö%'
Paul> Result: östa; östa

Paul> 3. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like '%sta'
Paul> Result: ÖSTA; östa

Paul> 4. select 'Ö'='ö'
Paul> Result: 1

Paul> Why gives the win32 version of Mysql other results then the Linux version?

Fix:

isamchk -r \mysql\data\*\*.ISM

The problem is that the indexes in your tables are stored using the old
(wrong) sort order.

Regards,
Monty
Thread