> I'm a new commer in this mysql thinks,...
> and like to used it and know alot about it
> well i wanna make a project to my school (high), I wanna make a database for
> the library
> what i wanna ask is,...
> Is it possible to make a database for a library using MySQL ?
> And is there anyone out there can guid me ? (I really need one for this)
> And for this what should i need ??
> pls reply it to yamin@stripped
> thanks for the answer and all the help that i'm gonna need
MySQL can do what you need if you have the skills and knowledge to do
There are several ways to accomplish this, here is what I would
- Get an Pentium or AMD K-6 system with a SCSI drive
- Install Linux
- Read tips on basic security to make sure you do not get hacked before
you can take your installation CD out of the drive -:)
- Learn some basics of Unix adminstration
- Install MySQL, and read the manual thoroughly
- Learn some basics of SQL, play areound with tables and queries
- Install PHP, mess with it a little to figure out how it works
- Write a simple database application ( eg, phonebook) with a Web
interface through PHP
- Add a couple of extra features to your simple application
- Start working on you library application
- Get it finished
As you are doing all these things, feel free to ask questions on the
list, but make sure to do your homework before posting a question - make
a decent effort to find the answer yourself first. Make sure to ask
specific questions as you encounter difficulties.