List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:September 25 2000 4:19pm
Subject:Re: MYSQL General Info
View as plain text
In the last episode (Sep 25), sean fell said:
> I'm looking at using mysql in an application i'm developing and
> thought i'd subscribe to this mailing list to gauge the sort of
> problems people encounter when using it.
> Whats worried me by looking at messages posted, is the amount of
> 'corrupt' databases or advice to run 'isamchk' on suspect tables that
> seems to appear. The mysql documentation seems to imply that its
> virtually impossible for mysql tables to become corrupted unless you
> do something really stupid. Is it just me being paranoid by reading
> too much into these posted messages or is it really as bad as the
> postings seem to imply ?

I've never had a corrupt database myself.  If anyone's data gets
corrupted database during normal usage (crashes are not normal usage),
they should report it back to the MySQL people.

	Dan Nelson
MYSQL General Infosean fell25 Sep
  • Re: MYSQL General InfoTimothy Houck25 Sep
  • Re: MYSQL General InfoDan Nelson25 Sep