List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:June 13 1999 4:55am
Subject:Re: MySQL Server connection problem
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jun 13), Opec Kemp (Ozlinx) said:
> Monty said:
> > No, you don't have to modify the MySQL source (MySQL allows you to
> > have up to 16384 connections).  You may have to recompile your
> > FreeBSD kernel to support much more file descriptors.  What is your
> > current file descriptor limit?
>
> Yeah, that what I thought too, however, I can't seems to find any
> info on increasing the file descriptor on FreeBSD ... maybe I will
> have to post to the mailing list.

To temporarily change the running kernel (will be reset on reboot):

 sysctl -w kern.maxfiles=10000
 sysctl -w kern.maxfilesperproc=10000

The equivalent kernel option is

 options MAXFILES=10000

MAXFILES defaults to (maxusers*16+20)*2, so if maxusers=100,
MAXFILES=3240.

If you have a new enough /boot/loader, you might also be able to add
the following line to /boot/loader.conf instead of rebuilding a kernel:

 kern.maxfiles="10000"
 kern.maxfilesperproc="10000"

Replace 100000 with whatever value you prefer, of course, and make sure
you do a "limit descriptors unlimited" (or whatever syntax your shell
uses), or edit /etc/login.conf and raise the "openfiles" limit there.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
Thread
MySQL Server connection problemOzlinx)12 Jun
  • MySQL Server connection problemMichael Widenius12 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Server connection problemOzlinx)12 Jun
    • Re: MySQL Server connection problemMichael Widenius12 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Server connection problemOzlinx)13 Jun
    • Re: MySQL Server connection problemDan Nelson13 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Server connection problemOzemail)13 Jun
    • Re: MySQL Server connection problemDan Nelson13 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Server connection problemOzemail)13 Jun
    • Re: MySQL Server connection problemMichael Widenius25 Jun
RE: MySQL Server connection problemtcobb13 Jun