List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 12 1999 7:09pm
Subject:Database problem
View as plain text
> <berenmls@stripped> writes:

Niklas> Hi. My harddrive crashed, so I'm installing MySQL again. I'm using FreeBSD
Niklas> 3.3.2, and I installed 3.22 from ports. It puts the default databases to
Niklas> /var/db/mysql so I moved the directory to /database/mysql and made a
Niklas> symbolic link /var/db/mysql -> /database/mysql But now I get no databases
Niklas> when I do a mysqlshow as a user, and root gets mysqlshow: Access denied
Niklas> for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) when doing a mysqlshow.
Niklas> What have I done wrong???

Niklas> Niklas

Hi!

There is some problem with your privilege tables.  You should restart
mysqld with --skip-grants and examine your privileges (for example
with mysqlaccess).

(I don't think this is a problem with privileges on the file level)

Regards,
Monty

Thread
Database problemNiklas Saers Mailinglistaccount12 Jun
  • Re: Database problemVan12 Jun
    • Re: Database problemNiklas Saers12 Jun
      • Re: Database problemPaul DuBois12 Jun
  • Database problemMichael Widenius12 Jun