List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:September 19 2000 4:32pm
Subject:MyODBC connection question?
View as plain text
Hello,

I have created a database for a dept.  and the dept would like to have
access to this database through MSACCESS.
Ok, I install MyODBC on their Win98 computer and they use Access97 ?
to add external data and link to the tables.
They can make changes and backups.  This works great.  The problem is
re-connecting. When we double click the icon
or database connection it comes up with the Globe and arrow icon and
then we click on it and it gives a unable to connect -
Its almost as though all the settings don't stay filled in - so
everytime we want to connect to the database through access we have to
enter the dns,host,databasename,username,password and port number and we
are re-connected.  Is there something that I am missing?
I tried clicking on save password - but nothing seems to help?

Is there a manual or some crumbs of info that can be offered on a silver
plate?

Thanks,

Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
MyODBC connection question?Douglas Brantz19 Sep
  • Re: MyODBC connection question?miguel sol√≥rzano19 Sep