List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:September 19 2000 3:44pm
Subject:Re: Resend (No Reply!)
View as plain text
In the last episode (Sep 19), Mark Lo said:

>  is there any backup software will work with MySQL.  I know there is
>  a utitities called mysqldump to backup the database.  But I would
>  like to use a commercial backup software such as novanet 8 found at
>  http://network-backup.com/datasheets/nnet8linux.html

If you don't do any deletes from your database, you can just get away
with backing up the raw datafiles directly.  If there were changes to
the database during the backup, you'll have to run myisamchk to rebuild
the indexes after a restore, but apart from that it should work fine.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped