List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 12 1999 8:50am
Subject:Not an easy one I think...
View as plain text
>>>>> "Cole," == Cole, Scott <scole@stripped> writes:

Cole,> My first post in a while so bear with me.
Cole,> I am running turbolinux (Linux Version 2.2.4, Compiled #1 SMP Two 401MHz
Cole,> Intel Pentium II (Deschutes) Processors, 511M RAM, 800.36 Bogomips Total)

Cole,> Using the mysql-3.22.23b-pc-linux-gnu-i686 binary because of the glibc
Cole,> memory leak so that I don't get the errno=11 problem.

Cole,> However, I am still getting the same error, namely:

Cole,> Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If
Cole,> you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a
Cole,> possible OS-dependent bug in /onesight/components/db.php3 on line 5

Cole,> This failure happens after a few days of running very well.

Cole,> Is there something that I can do that will make the problem more obvious?
Cole,> The logs tell me nothing.

Hi!

Can you check that you are not running out of memory (total or per
process).  Check with 'ulimit -a' that you don't have a some memory
limit.

The mysqld server in the above distribution should be staticly
compiled;  You can check this by doing 'ldd .../libexec/mysqld'

In any case;  If possible, you should upgrade yur glibc library to the
newest one.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Not an easy one I think...Scott Cole12 Jun
  • Not an easy one I think...Michael Widenius12 Jun