At 11:34 AM -0700 09-14-2000, Dan Phoenix wrote:
>virutal memory exhausted....all the time when i compile it...
>and i have added tons of swap..nothing helps.
This happened to me yesterday. The --with-low-memory option at
configuration time (the usual fix) doesn't seem to work with OpenBSD.
This worked for me:
- Run "make" and let it go until it dies compiling sql/sql_yacc.cc.
- cd into the sql directory and edit the Makefile. Look for the line
that sets the value of CXX_FLAGS. Change the -O3 to -O0 (minus oh zero)
to turn optimization off.
- Run "make sql_yacc.o" to compile sql_yacc.o with no optimization.
- Edit the Makefile again to change -O0 back to -O3.
- cd back up to the MySQL source home directory and run "make" again
to build the rest of the distribution.
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped