List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 18 1999 4:56pm
Subject:Re: INSERTING BLOB Fields in a Table
View as plain text
Josep Curto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use a JAVA Servlet to acces a MySQL DB via a JDBC driver.
> All works fine, but now I want to INSERT a BLOB Field with binary data to
> the DB, and I can't.
> Really, the binary data is a JPG file that I want to put in the DB.
> With the SQL String :
> "INSERT INTO Fotos (ID_Objecte, Titol, Descripcio, Imatge) VALUES (1,"Name
> of Picture","Description","BINARY DATA OF THE JPG FILE")"        I get an
> error : SQLException from MySQL.
>
> It only works if the data I INSERT to the LONGBLOB field is text DATA, for
> example the contents of a HTML FILE. If the DATA is
> BINARY, don't work.
>
> I've read that I can't LOAD FROM FILE a BLOB Field. I think only SQL
> Commands as INSERT INTO and UPDATE are used to add rows to a Table of the
> DB.
>
> My question is, how can I INSERT BINARY DATA to a LONGBLOB Field in a MySQL
> DB?

Hi Josep

This is definitly a mailto:java@stripped question :)

To insert binary data via JDBC you need the PreparedStatement with its setBytes() method.

Hope this helps.
Christian

Thread
INSERTING BLOB Fields in a TableJosep Curto18 Mar
  • INSERTING BLOB Fields in a TableMichael Widenius18 Mar
  • Re: INSERTING BLOB Fields in a TableChristian Mack18 Mar