List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Faucette Date:June 11 1999 3:54pm
Subject:Re: Simple thing that i should probably know ...
View as plain text
Ed Williams wrote:

> I have two identical tables with one column
> all i want to do is merge them into one big table.
> and get rid of the duplicates at the same time...
> any ideas??
> oh yeah the column names are identical in both tables but this can be changed.

CREATE table3 col_name same_def_as_others NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY;
INSERT INTO table3 SELECT DISTINCT col_name FROM table1;
INSERT INTO table3 SELECT DISTINCT col_name FROM table2;

   jim...
Thread
Simple thing that i should probably know ...Ed Williams11 Jun
  • Re: Simple thing that i should probably know ...Jim Faucette11 Jun
  • Re: Simple thing that i should probably know ...Christian Mack11 Jun
  • Re: Simple thing that i should probably know ...Jim Faucette11 Jun
  • Re: Simple thing that i should probably know ...Christian Mack11 Jun
  • Re: Simple thing that i should probably know ...Vora Jinesh Udaykumar12 Jun
    • keeping the whole database in the main memory...Vora Jinesh Udaykumar12 Jun
RE: Simple thing that i should probably know ...Scott Cole12 Jun
  • Re: Simple thing that i should probably know ...Benjamin Pflugmann12 Jun