List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dean Grimes Date:September 12 2000 1:00pm
Subject:RE: Cannot install MySQL 3.22.32 binary distribution on SCO-Unix
Open Server 5.0.5
View as plain text
Which compiler and version are you using? I am using GNU 2.95.2 and I have
no problems (well some minor problems depending on the version MySQL/PHP).
In fact, I haven't had too many problems with any of the MySQL versions
(3.22.32 - 3.23.24). If you are using the SCO c compiler ... I couldn't get
that to work. That's why I went to the GNU compiler. If you are using GNU 2.
95.2, then post your errors and I'll look at the problem.

What I'm using is:
GNU 2.95.2
bison 1.28
GNU make 3.78.1
zlib 1.1.3
FSU-pthreads 3.5c

I've been able to get all versions of MySQL installed with PHP and Apache
and everything works great. If you would like step by step instructions, I
can give you the documentation I created for myself.

Dean