List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:June 11 1999 12:41pm
Subject:Re: I am trying to use access 97 on mysql to create tables
View as plain text
Arthur James wrote:

> Is there away to create table in mysql from access 97 using myodbc

Hi Arthur

Yes.
Create in a (new) Access database the table you want to have.
Then export it to mysql via MyODBC.
The table can have data in it, but I would suggest to first play with the field types.

I never use this, because with mysql commandline I have finer control over the tables
(especially KEY's).
So I create them with the mysql commandline and then link these tables in Access to use
its GUI for managing the data in it.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
I am trying to use access 97 on mysql to create tablesArthur James11 Jun
  • Re: I am trying to use access 97 on mysql to create tablesChristian Mack11 Jun