List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:September 11 2000 10:40pm
Subject:Mysql/DBI design question.
View as plain text
I am writing a fairly involved database application in perl/Mysql.  The
user interface is written in a module of perl called perlmenu which runs

on top of Curses.  So far I've written a couple dozen scripts that allow

the user to interact with various Mysql tables.  I have set of a LAN and

now have to get this app. running on it but am unsure how to proceed.

I would like for any user to be able to log on to any machine and run
the program.  Should all the scripts be stored and executed from the
server?  How should users execute them?   Through remote login (what
happens if two users try to execute the same script at the same time?),
or should I set it up as an Network Information Server?  Is there a
general design blueprint that I should follow?

Any help or Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

Thread
Mysql/DBI design question.Richard Reina12 Sep
  • Re: Mysql/DBI design question.Jan Dvorak12 Sep
  • R: Mysql/DBI design question.Massimo Trojani12 Sep