List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gregor Mosheh Date:September 11 2000 4:11pm
Subject:Re: select where 2 timestamps the same
View as plain text
Actually, "select from table where a = b" did work. When I first tried it,
I evidently made a typo, because it worked perfectly when someone else
posted that same thing and I tried again. Sorry.

Also, someone on the list made a comment about how only the first
timestamp field will be automatically filled in, how only one is useful
and I should be using datatime instead. He was mostly right. On my system,
both timestamps get filled in automatically. However, he was right that A)
the documentation says this isn't supposed to happen and that B) having
more than 1 timestamp column isn't useful for my application and that I
should use a datetime instead.

--
Gregor Mosheh
gregor@stripped

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Benjamin Pflugmann wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Your problem is not obvious to me. You said you have two timestamp
> columns. Where is the problem to simply do
>
> SELECT ... WHERE Posted_Timestamp=Flushed_Timestamp
>
> I assume that this wasn't your problem. If so, please describe your
> table scheme and the result you want in more detail.
>
> Bye,
>
>         Benjamin.
>
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 04:49:28PM -0700, gregor@stripped wrote:
> [...]
> > Back to my original question: Now that I have 2 timestamps that are filled
> > with the insert time, how do I select where those 2 timestamps are
> > identical?
> [...]
> initially
> equals
> the
> [...]

Thread
select where 2 timestamps the sameGregor Mosheh6 Sep
  • Re: select where 2 timestamps the sameTonu Samuel6 Sep
    • Re: select where 2 timestamps the sameGregor Mosheh6 Sep
      • Re: select where 2 timestamps the sameBenjamin Pflugmann11 Sep
        • Re: select where 2 timestamps the sameGregor Mosheh11 Sep