List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 10 1999 8:49pm
Subject:Re: BLOB Question
View as plain text
>Hello,
>
>Sorry if this question is ignorant, however: Can I store binary data into a
>BLOB type? Can I store a graphic file like a jpg/gif into a BLOB? Can I
>store sound clips, video, and how is this accomplished?

You can store anything into a BLOB (or into a TEXT, for that matter; they
differ only in case sensitivity of comparisons).

As for how it's done, that depends on the language you're using to
write your scripts.  (That's another way of saying you'll find it
difficult to do with the "mysql" client. :-))

For Perl, the usual answer seems to be:

http://tim.desert.net/~tim/imger/

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped