List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:September 8 2000 10:07pm
Subject:Re: MySQL & ASP
View as plain text
This should be an FAQ as it is asked at least once a week.

Here is a Javascript example:
ConnectionString1a = "Driver=MySQL;Server=kjmnt2;UID=cjones;PWD=nikeeo;OPTION=16386;"
conn1 = Server.CreateObject('ADODB.Connection');
conn1.Open( ConnectionString1a );
conn1.Execute( "USE Buildings" );
sql = "SELECT DISTINCT bldgtype, tpl FROM projects ORDER BY bldgtype";
rs1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");
rs1.Open( sql, conn1);
rs1.MoveFirst();
var i = 0;
while( !rs1.EOF )
{
         bldg = rs1('bldgtype');
         tpl = rs1('tpl');
         Response.Write( "<h1>" + bldg + "&nbsp;" + tpl + "</h1>" );
         rs1.MoveNext();
         i++;
}%>

>As a note: I'm a newbie to SQL servers, as I'm ususally using Access
>databases.
>I need your help because of a very annoying problem I'm having.
>I installed MySQL on a Windows 2000 machine, version 3.23.22-beta.
>I've also installed MyOBCD 2.50.32-nt.
>I'm succeed in forming a DSN connection to the SQL server, my problem is in
>that I've failed to form a DSNLESS connection to the database.
>I simply at lost as to the syntax of such a command.
>I mean, to form a connection to an Access database I need to do this:
>____________________
>Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
>Conn.Open "PROVIDER=MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=" &
>Server.MapPath("access.mdb")
>____________________
>
>Now, how do I manage to make the same connection to MySQL server?
>What is the Provider, the Data source, where do I put username & password?
>I need the complete syntax in ASP, if you can send it to me.
>A URL to a page that explains it would be great as well.
>
>--
>All we have of freedom, all we use or know--
>This our fathers bought for us long and long ago.
>
>Ancient Right unnoticed as the breath we draw--
>Leave to live by no man's leave, underneath the Law.
>________
>Ayende Rahien
>

>--

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
MySQL & ASPAyende Rahien8 Sep
  • Re: MySQL & ASPChristopher R. Jones9 Sep