List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Janos Koppany Date:March 18 1999 4:40pm
Subject:MySQL 3.22.20 installation and my.cnf problems
View as plain text
Subject: mysql starting problem

I work with NT-4.0 and have the following mysql version:
  mysql  Ver 9.31 Distrib 3.22.20, for Win95/Win98 (i586)

The installation of mysql copies everything into C:\mysql.
After the installation I tried to start mysqld.exe with the command
C:\mysql\bin\mysqld. After 20-30 seconds the process exists.
When I specify at least one switch (for example -T) the process
keeps running.

Does anybody know what the problem is ?

The second problem is that mysqld needs the option file in C:\my.cnf.
The documentation says that my.cnf could be in for example C:\mysql\data

too but this did not work for me.

Is there a solution that mysqld finds the my.cnf or (an other)
configuration
file at an other location ? The best would be if it would work even if
I moved c:\mysql for example to d:\db\mysql too.

--
Zsolt Koppany   zk@stripped
Intland GmbH