List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:The Urchin Date:January 1 1998 6:46am
Subject:MYSQL TOP
View as plain text
Hello Thomas/Anyone,

I wonder if you could please find some time to help with this quick query...

I have a database which has a large number of conections, and uses lots of
SELECT,UPDATE,DELETE statements.  The server has a large amount of memory 512Mb....

I've included the setup variables below, and output from mysqladmin STATUS....

The problem is that the load goes between 10 and 30 in a day, and slows all the system
right down.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Many thanks

+--------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| Variable_name      | Value                                   |
+--------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| back_log           | 50                                      |
| basedir            | /export/home/mysql/                     |
| datadir            | .                                       |
| join_buffer        | 4190208                                 |
| key_buffer         | 25161728                                |
| language           | /export/home/mysql/share/mysql/english/ |
| max_allowed_packet | 65536                                   |
| max_connections    | 500                                     |
| max_join_size      | 4294967295                              |
| max_sort_length    | 1024                                    |
| net_buffer_length  | 8192                                    |
| port               | 3306                                    |
| record_buffer      | 131072                                  |
| skip_locking       | 1                                       |
| socket             | /tmp/mysql.sock                         |
| sort_buffer        | 2097144                                 |
| table_cache        | 512                                     |
| thread_stack       | 65536                                   |
| tmp_table_size     | 1048576                                 |

Uptime: 305  Running threads: 125  Questions: 140878  Opened_tables: 358  Flush tables: 1
Open tables: 358

Thread
MYSQL TOPThe Urchin18 Mar
  • Re: MySQL/PostgreSQL discrepancyBenjamin Pflugmann4 Nov
  • Re: MySQL/PostgreSQL discrepancyMichael Widenius4 Nov
Re: MYSQL TOPThomas Wana18 Mar
Re: MYSQL TOPAdam Powell18 Mar