List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 10 1999 10:39am
Subject:Re: Question about binary field types
View as plain text
James Tyson wrote:
> I know the subject sounds wierd, but I wanted to know what would break if
> I were to try and insert some gzipped data into a table? or perhaps a GIF
> or JPEG?
> My thought was that I could just make sure I escape any special
> characters, and it should all work fine - however, I dont want to try it
> on our production database until I have been assured that it wont break
> anything.
> Thanks in advance
> James Tyson         --          System Administrator - The Internet Group.
>                                           cat /dev/random > /usr/bin/emacs

Nothing will break. MySQL can handle binary data just fine, as long as
you escape things properly. The recommended data type for that is BLOB.

Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
Question about binary field typesJames Tyson10 Jun
  • Re: Question about binary field typesSasha Pachev10 Jun
  • Re: Question about binary field typesChristian Mack10 Jun