List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 10 1999 6:45am
Subject:Weird import
View as plain text
>>>>> "Para-dox" == Para-dox  <paradox@stripped> writes:

Para-dox> I'm using LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE to import a file with weird
properties....Its comma delimited and strings are enclosed by ", *but* \ is not an escape
character. Instead, when a literal " is needed, it simply puts two of them "". Example:
Para-dox> 123,"My field","Bah","Lets write a "" just to screw it up"

Para-dox> What parameters to LOAD DATA INFILE can I use??

Para-dox> Thanks, Dave

Hi!

In the case of

LOAD DATA INFILE ... FIELDS TERMINATED ',' FIELDS OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'

MySQL will automaticly remove the second '"' from any duplicated ""
characters.

Regards,
Monty
Thread