List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:June 9 1999 9:13pm
Subject:Re: Problem with mysqldump
View as plain text

YZ> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't seem to find any note in the
YZ> documentation that says mysqldump will try to read the entire
YZ> database into memory if you don't use --quick or --opt.

mysqldump --help says this about --quick:

 Don't buffer query, dump directly to stdout.

Which implies to me that without --quick, it buffers the query in
memory.
Thread
Problem with mysqldumpYing Zhang10 Jun
  • Re: Problem with mysqldumpVivek Khera10 Jun
  • Re: Problem with mysqldumpYing Zhang10 Jun
    • Re: Problem with mysqldumpVivek Khera10 Jun
  • Re: Problem with mysqldumpPaul DuBois17 Jun