List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin P. O'Brien Date:March 18 1999 2:49pm
Subject:Re: SV: Mysql-3_22_19b Install Trouble
View as plain text
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:43:58 +0100, Martin Edelius wrote:

>I'm not totally sure you can run it under 4.2, even though it compiles
>and installs properly. And If I remember correctly there was a problem
>with the 19 distr preventing it from running the install_db script
>properly. And since you managed that part properly that might be
>indicative of an error. 8)
>
>Have you considered upgrading to a later RH distr?

Actually, we are considering upgrading our servers, but it going to be a major task, being
as how we are a fairly active
ISP.

>And why do you start the mysqld manually, doesn't the script put the
>startup files in your init.d dir?
No, there are no files placed in the init.d directory from running the mysql_install_db
script.
Not even when I have successfully installed 19b on one of our 5.2 Servers.

Could you tell me what the newest release version is that is known to run on RH4.2
successfully.

Thanks,

Kevin P. O'Brien, MCP, CPST <kevino@stripped>
Systems Administration
Irenyx Data Group, Inc.
(Office) 1.250.334.9641 ext.239
(Fax)     1.250.334.2365
(Pager) 1.888.805.3820
(Toll Free) 1.800.275.4260 ext.239

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 56C4 2F8C 5731 08C1  684D 05DC 05E5 697F

Thread
SV: Mysql-3_22_19b Install TroubleMartin Edelius18 Mar
  • iODBCsinisa27 Jul
    • Re: iODBCSanjeeb K Bhuyan27 Jul
  • Re: bug report: segfaults on large host,username,password,db fieldsMichael Widenius4 Nov
Re: SV: Mysql-3_22_19b Install TroubleKevin P. O'Brien18 Mar