List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:August 30 2000 6:37pm
Subject:Re: SET AUTOCOMMIT=0 does not work
View as plain text
In the last episode (Aug 30), Rocio M. Katsanis said:
> Seems that I am using the default MYISAM tables and that I need to
> download and install the Berkeley DB but that is available for mysql
> 3.23.x
>
> Still is there another way of setting off the autocommit status?

The only tables that support transactions are BDB tables.  Therefore,
the only table types that turning autocommit off make sense for are BDB
tables.

> I need to do a series of deletes on a couple of tables and would like
> to set autocommit off to do a begin,commit declaration.

Then you'll either have to upgrade to 3.23 and use BDB tables, or make
sure you can delete all records before deleting any (so you won't ever
have to back out your transaction, so a transaction is not necessary).

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped