List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:June 9 1999 7:36pm
Subject:Re: Mysql Connection failed HELP!
View as plain text
Ritschie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Do you have a running MySQL on this machine?
> > This mysql.sock is used to make a direct socket connection to the MySQL server
> running on the same machine as the client.
> > This sort of connection is faster than connecting via TCP/IP, but is only
> available within one machine.
> >
> > If you don't have a running MySQL server, start one with the "safe_mysqld"
> script.
> I have a running mysql serevr. And the mysql.sock file exists.
> How can I connect to the server using TCP/IP?
> I am using the PHP3 function: mysql_connect(string: hostname, string:
> username, string: password);
>
> How can I tell it that I want to connect through TCP/IP?
>
> Ritschie

Hi Ritschie

Just give in hostname the IP-address instead of "localhost" and it will use TCP/IP.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Mysql Connection failed HELP!Ritschie8 Jun
  • Re: Mysql Connection failed HELP!Sasha Pachev8 Jun
    • Re: Mysql Connection failed HELP!Ritschie9 Jun
    • Re: Mysql Connection failed HELP!Ritschie10 Jun
  • Re: Mysql Connection failed HELP!Christian Mack8 Jun
    • Re: Mysql Connection failed HELP!Ritschie9 Jun
      • Re: Mysql Connection failed HELP!Christian Mack9 Jun