List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 9 1999 5:20pm
Subject:Re: best language
View as plain text
Neil wrote:

> I am contemplating a fairly simple database approach for a Virtual Server,
> and have received some very good advice from people. Thank you.
>
> It is a little bewildering, though, because I've heard PNP, Perl, Tcl, and
> C mentioned as the way to go to accomplish hooking a database to the Web.
>
> I'm wondering what resources people recommend to do further research on
> MySQL and the languages: recommend the best books and Web sites.
>
> I'm sure a lot of people who follow this list are interested in hearing
> about the best resources out there.
>
> Neil

It depends on the needs of your system, and I would say, your
personality and programming preferences . All the languages you
mentioned are good in their own way with advantages and disadvantages. I
like C++, the C part of it because I am a control freak, and the ++ part
because I am lazy. My laziness has lead me to writing a tool to promote
it even further ( in the spirit of Larry Wall's statement that "Perl was
written to promote the three great virtues of a programmer - laziness,
impatience and hubris"). The tool is called CGI++ and you can always
find the latest version on my download page
http://www.sashanet.com/internet/download.html

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)