List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 9 1999 5:01pm
Subject:Re: Problems connecting from applications
View as plain text
Quinn Coldiron wrote:

> I've got problems with Perl scripts connecting on RedHat 6.0.  I've installed
> RH 6.0 on my home machine and a machine at work and get the error on both
> machines.  The scripts I am trying work fine on BSD and RedHat 5.2.
>
> The error I get is this:
>
> # ./mfg.cgi
> Can't locate Mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at ./mfg.cgi line 3.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./mfg.cgi line 3.
>
> These are older scripts that use the Perl API directly, not DBD/DBI.
>
> I have tried installing MySQL 3.22.23b from source and from RPM.
>
> Quinn
>
> ===
>      ~     Quinn P. Coldiron
>     . .    Deal Lab, University of Nebraska
>     /V\    http://deal.unl.edu/quinn/
>    // \\   qcoldiron@stripped
>   /(   )\
>    ^`~'^

The problem is exactly what it says in the error message. You do not
have Mysql.pm in any of the directories that Perl is searching to find
it when you say use Mysql; Why is it not found there? I do not know -
it's your system -:). Maybe you did not install the Mysql module, or
maybe you installed it in the wrong place. Lets try this:

find / -name Mysql.pm -print

Then if it find it in some directory, you can try

push(@INC, directory_where_you_found_it);

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)