List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Hatcher Date:August 25 2000 1:15pm
Subject:RE: Funky Profiles
View as plain text

My web server connects to MySQL mysql_connect("localhost", "root",
"passwd");  when I telnet as root it says  [root@localhost /root]#  I was
able to modify and update using one of those web baste MySQL PHP programs,
but this just started about a month ago and I have no idea what happened.

The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up
in the morning, and does not stop until you get to work.
 -Robert Frost
F.Y.I>
Yea I got this quote off one of these emails and it didn't say the person
who made the quote, but it fits me perfectly.  =)

> How come I can delete and update data in MySQL when I telnet into
> the linux
> box, but when I delete and update
> from the web browser (both using the same username and password of root)
> that it doesn't work?

How does the web server you use access MySQL? Does it connect as
"root@localhost" like you do when you telnet to the box or does
it identify itself as "root@stripped" ?

> The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up
> in the morning, and does not stop until you get to work.

-- which is a quote of Robert Frost.
You should give credit, where it's due.

/ Carsten
Thread
Funky ProfilesMike Hatcher24 Aug
  • RE: Funky ProfilesCarsten H. Pedersen24 Aug
RE: Funky ProfilesMike Hatcher25 Aug