List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Schwarzl Date:March 18 1999 2:02pm
Subject:mysql re: ö Ö
View as plain text

Paul> Thank you!!
Paul> I´ll download this next week.
Paul> (I never saw better support like this! Not even commercial.)
Paul> Really great!

monty>Hi!
monty>I have now made MySQL win32 3.22.20 available.
monty>Could you please confirm that this works better ?
monty>Regards,
monty>Monty

No, it doesnt.   :-(

My problem again:
(I used MySQL Administrator and my own VB6-ODBC-API as clients. I dont think
that the client is the problem)

Two rows(Name=MyField type=varchar) in a Table (MyTable) contains
1. ÖSTA
2. östa

When I try on mysqld win32 3.22.20 (also 3.22.19) on Nt4.0 SP4 ger:

1. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like 'Ö%'
Rsult: ÖSTA

2. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like 'ö%'
Result: östa

3. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like '%sta'
Result: ÖSTA; östa

4. select 'Ö'='ö'
Result: 1

When I try on mysqld Linux 3.22.20 (also 3.22.19):

1. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like 'Ö%'
Rsult: ÖSTA; östa

2. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like 'ö%'
Result: östa; östa

3. select Myfield from MyTable where MyField like '%sta'
Result: ÖSTA; östa

4. select 'Ö'='ö'
Result: 1

Why gives the win32 version of Mysql other results then the Linux version?

Thank you for help!

Paul

Thread
mysql re: ö ÖPaul Schwarzl18 Mar