List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philip A. Skomra Date:August 24 2000 4:19pm
Subject:Call to unsupported or undefined function
View as plain text
I'm trying to setup a web based job tracking system for our help desk. It
uses MySQL (v 3.23.22-beta) and PHP. In addition, I'm using the default
installation of Apache (v 1.3.12) from RedHat Linux 6.2. I have Apache
running and PHP seems to be okay because I can create .php pages and Apache
will serve them but when I try to configure the job tracking system via my
web browser it sends back the error:

Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_connect() in
sql.php3 on line 16

Line 16 in the sql.php3 file is: return mysql_connect($db_host_name,
$db_user_name, $db_pass);

It appears to me that I either do not have MySQL setup properly or it's not
running at all and can not connect to a database.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Phil Skomra

Philip A. Skomra
Information Systems Manager
Virginia Tech
Northern Virginia Center
7054 Haycock Road Room 403
Falls Church, VA  22043
Telephone: 703.538.8323
E-mail: pskomra@stripped

"Serenity now!" -- Frank Costanza

Call to unsupported or undefined functionPhilip A. Skomra24 Aug
  • Re: Call to unsupported or undefined functionSergei Golubchik24 Aug