List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philip A. Skomra Date:August 24 2000 4:19pm
Subject:Call to unsupported or undefined function
View as plain text
I'm trying to setup a web based job tracking system for our help desk. It
uses MySQL (v 3.23.22-beta) and PHP. In addition, I'm using the default
installation of Apache (v 1.3.12) from RedHat Linux 6.2. I have Apache
running and PHP seems to be okay because I can create .php pages and Apache
will serve them but when I try to configure the job tracking system via my
web browser it sends back the error:

Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_connect() in
sql.php3 on line 16

Line 16 in the sql.php3 file is: return mysql_connect($db_host_name,
$db_user_name, $db_pass);

It appears to me that I either do not have MySQL setup properly or it's not
running at all and can not connect to a database.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Phil Skomra

*************************************
Philip A. Skomra
Information Systems Manager
Virginia Tech
Northern Virginia Center
7054 Haycock Road Room 403
Falls Church, VA  22043
Telephone: 703.538.8323
E-mail: pskomra@stripped

"Serenity now!" -- Frank Costanza

Thread
Call to unsupported or undefined functionPhilip A. Skomra24 Aug
  • Re: Call to unsupported or undefined functionSergei Golubchik24 Aug