List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 9 1999 2:38pm
Subject:Re: mysql_real_connect problem??
View as plain text
At 9:37 AM -0500 6/9/99, April Escamilla wrote:
>Jim,
>
>   thanks for taking the time to respond.  I did a find on the whole system,
>root down, and found no file matching that name.  This was after I had
>looked in /usr/local/lib and /lusr/local/mysql.
>
>   We are running mysql on a SCO unix server, release 5.  Our version of
>mysql is 3.21.33b.  I can tell you that I wrote this c file in my home
>directory on the
>machine and am compiling it there.  This file is a very simple test to try
>and connect to the mysql database using the mysql_real_connect function &
>mysql_init --- it has no other purpose.  It prints an error if no connection
>is made, and a success statement if a connection occurs.  The error message
>is exactly as stated previously, though I will add the only other error
>associated with it in case that
>helps.
>
>>>"mysql_connect.c", line 11: warning: improper pointer/integer combination:
>arg #5
>>>i386ld libc.a:  can't find library libmysql.a
>
>   I am reading the documentation on the C API from the Mysql reference
>manual for version 3.23.0.  This particular error is in association with the
>mysql_real_connect function, which has been giving me compile time problems
>from the beginning.
>   Before I began seeing this error message, there were 8 arguments (there
>are 8 of them in the documentation stated above).  The compile time error
>message said the following when I had those 8 arguments.
>
>"mysql_connect.c", line 15: warning: improper pointer/integer combination:
>arg #5
>"mysql_connect.c", line 15: error: prototype mismatch: 8 args passed, 7
>expected
>
>  So I removed one, and tested it, and received the above error.  I think
>this
>problem is related to either the functions or the files themselves...Maybe a
>problem with our release that is known..? I am pretty new to interfacing
>mysql with C, so any help you guys can provide would be appreciated.

mysql_real_connect() changed from 7 arguments 8 in one of the early 3.22.xx
releases, I think.  The older form has no database name argument.  Try removing
that argument from your call.  Or post your code.  (Maybe you did earlier.  If
so, I missed it, sorry.)

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Michael Widenius9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev9 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla9 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Paul DuBois10 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev10 Jun
Re: mysql_real_connect problem??April Escamilla11 Jun
  • Re: mysql_real_connect problem??Sasha Pachev11 Jun