List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Ruby Date:August 22 2000 5:24pm
Subject:Re: Copy a MySQL database
View as plain text

Since you have client access from your computer you can use mysqldump
as the client to create a copy fo the databsae

username, password hostname are the same as what you always use
this will result in a text file called mydb which can then be inserted
into the other database with

mysql dbname < mydb

Andrés wrote:

> Yes, I can connect using the MySQL client, but what do I do then?
> Do I have to enter "mysqldump"?
> I'm very ignorant about MySQL, as I've always used a front-end, so please,
> if it's possible tell me exactly what I have to do.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Copy a MySQL databaseAndrés22 Aug
  • RE: Copy a MySQL databaseClaus Bo Hansen22 Aug
    • Re: Copy a MySQL databaseAndrés22 Aug
      • RE: Copy a MySQL databaseClaus Bo Hansen22 Aug
        • Re: Copy a MySQL databaseAndrés22 Aug
        • Re: Copy a MySQL databaseBasil Hussain22 Aug
RE: Copy a MySQL databaseJohn Foley22 Aug
  • Re: Copy a MySQL databaseAndrés22 Aug
  • Re: Copy a MySQL databaseSteve Ruby22 Aug