List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sarel Lugtenburg Date:March 18 1999 1:11pm
Subject:Re: MySQL + sendmail
View as plain text

> 	Hello!
>
> 	I'm going to develop a web-based email system. The user
> information will be in MySQL database. The question: how to make sendmail
> to check if user exists in MySQL table? Have already somebody solved this
> problem? Is there a patch for sendmail to authentificate against external
> SQL database? May be other MTA, but sendmail if preferable.

Hi,

I have created a setup of patches against qpopper and exim to be able to
run a full smtp/pop3 setup from a MySQL authentication database. Virtual
domains etc. is supported.

This is available from http://www.netd.co.za/mysql_mail

Regards
Sarel Lugtenburg

> 	I know, I can create aliases db from MySQL table, but I doubt it
> outperform MySQL :-) Any information/links/ideas are appreciated. If you
> feel this is off-topic, please mail me directly.
>
> 	Thank you in advance!
>
> ---
> Vladas Lapinskas, mailto:lapinskas@stripped

Thread
MySQL + sendmailVladas Lapinskas17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL + sendmailSarel Lugtenburg18 Mar
Re: MySQL + sendmailEd Carp17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL + sendmailJim Faucette17 Mar
Re: MySQL + sendmailFred Lindberg17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL + sendmailMike Little18 Mar