List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 9 1999 7:01am
Subject:Problems compiling on Solaris 7 for x86
View as plain text

Sam> Hi!
Sam> I hope someone can help me with this problem. I am trying to compile
Sam> MySQL 3.22.23b on Solaris 7 for x86. I typed the following commands:-

Sam> ./configure
Sam> make

Sam> The make file is executed but it terminates with the following error:-

Sam> creating libmysqlclient.la
Sam> (cd .libs && rm -f libmysqlclient.la && ln -s
> ../libmysqlclient.la
Sam> libmysqlclient.la)
Sam> c++ -DUNDEF_THREADS_HACK -I./../include
Sam> -I../include                           -I./.. -I.. -I..    -O
Sam> -fno-implicit-templates -DDBUG_OFF -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
Sam> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c mysql.cc
Sam> In file included from mysql.cc:54:
Sam> /usr/include/term.h:1060: syntax error before `,'
Sam> /usr/include/term.h:1081: syntax error before `;'
Sam> /usr/include/term.h:1082: syntax error before `;'
Sam> /usr/include/term.h:1101: syntax error before `['
Sam> /usr/include/term.h:1108: syntax error before `*'
Sam> /usr/include/term.h:1111: syntax error before `;'
Sam> /usr/include/term.h:1115: syntax error before `;'
Sam> /usr/include/term.h:1116: syntax error before `;'
Sam> /usr/include/term.h:1209: `chtype' was not declared in this scope
Sam> /usr/include/term.h:1209: parse error before `('
Sam> *** Error code 1
Sam> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `mysql.o'
Sam> Current working directory
Sam> /export/home/users/sam/download/mysql-3.22.23b/client
Sam> *** Error code 1
Sam> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Sam> Current working directory /export/home/users/sam/download/mysql-3.22.23b

Sam> *** Error code 1
Sam> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'

Sam> It seems to indicate that there is a problem with the file
Sam> /usr/include/term.h, but I can't see what could possibly be wrong, and I
Sam> don't really want to start hacking the system includes.

Please check the mail archive and the reference manual before posting!
You can find a solution to this problem at

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html

section: Solaris 2.7 issues

If you can't find solve your problem with the above information,
please post this question again and say where you have tried to locate
the answer to your question and what you did.

You can find information how to do a correct bug report at:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_Questions.html#Asking_questions

PLEASE read the above before reposting your question, this will save us all
a lot of time!

If you really need fast explicit help, you should consider taking
MySQL email support.  We try to help everyone but our recourses are
quite limited and we must prioritize paying customers.

Yours,
Monty

PS:  This is a standard reply to questions that can easily be found in
     the mail archive, the reference manual, the perl man pages or in
     any of the examples in the MySQL distribution.
Thread
Problems compiling on Solaris 7 for x86Sam K Tan9 Jun
  • Re: Problems compiling on Solaris 7 for x86Paul DuBois9 Jun
  • Problems compiling on Solaris 7 for x86Michael Widenius9 Jun
Re: Problems compiling on Solaris 7 for x86Christopher R. Jones9 Jun