List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:tcobb Date:June 9 1999 5:57am
Subject:RE: Filemaker
View as plain text
Well, this isn't 100% accurate.  Filemaker is now beta-testing
an ODBC SERVER module for Filemaker, which would allow you to
connect to it using ODBC from other machines.

For using Filemaker to connect to OTHER ODBC-compliant databases
as an ODBC CLIENT, use Filemaker version 4.1.
To connect to MySQL using this route,
wait just a bit longer for the MySQL ODBC driver for the
Macintosh that we are finishing the development on.

I won't argue about the speed,etc. limitations of Filemaker.
However, it is the most popular database application on
the Macintosh.

Also, according to their website, now:
FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple Computer, Inc.

-Troy Cobb
 Circle Net, Inc.
 http://www.circle.net

->>
->>
->
->
->---------------------------------------------------------------------
->Please check "http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html" before
->posting. To request this thread, e-mail mysql-thread4805@stripped
->
->To unsubscribe, send a message to the address shown in the
->List-Unsubscribe header of this message. If you cannot see it,
->e-mail mysql-unsubscribe@stripped instead.
->

table creationJean Claude LAFFITTE8 Jun
  • Re: table creationChristian Mack8 Jun